Job Role & Responsibility:
You will be a part of very talented team of peers on networking and cloud services domain. You will contribute in crucial aspects of product development process, including designing the private and public data centers for CMBU. As a Cloud and Networking Services Staff engineer in a geographically-distributed team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Demonstrate your technical design, engineering and validation skills to improve our product to tackle real customer challenges.
- Combine Technical Design/Engineering/Validating and higher level customer engagement, fostering product development.
- Work within a talented, geographically-distributed team to drive customer vision, use case and outcomes.
- Drive replicating customer implementations in house to validate.
- Work with PM organization in associating requirements with customer use cases and provide customer feedback to Product Management
- Managing existing infrastructure, including troubleshooting, upgrading and patching
- Design the datacenter by considering all the network and security aspects
- Plan & Deploy solutions through advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Assume the role of trusted SME for networking, cloud and virtualization related platforms
- Keep up to date on state of the art SDN technologies and solutions.
- "Go-to" SME for any urgent client issues / troubleshooting.
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers
- Background with Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Extensive expertise with Planning, Design and Implementation of Datacenter, Campus, LAN and WAN Networks.
- Hands-on experience in Storage Area Network (SAN) and Cisco switches.
- Experience on working with AWS cloud (VPC, ELB, Security Groups etc)
- Troubleshooting experience with complex problems like Application slowness (use of tools like IPSla, Netflow etc)
- VMware virtualization, vSAN and NSX configuration skills
- At least 3 years of experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments
- Strong cloud computing and software defined data center experience required (virtualization and management of compute, storage, networking).
- Excellent customer facing skills and ability to provide advanced technical engineering support.
- Experience working with global teams highly desirable
- Passion for building quality software and quality systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Organized and passionate about details; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Take initiative to improve products, tools, and process commands
- Our team looks for individuals who embody the values of humility, empathy, respectfulness, trustworthiness, good-natured fun and collaboration above isolationism,. Additionally, we consider these a plus
- Strong Security, Data Center, Micro segmentation skills
- Experience in working with Azure and Google cloud
- Extensive exposure and understanding of the data/control plane forwarding architecture of the Cisco Data Center/Catalyst product line.
- Experience with VMware vSphere Internals, APIs, VCP certification
- Familiarity with modern converged infrastructure and hyper converged infrastructure platforms