When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
You will be an integral part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of scientists, engineers working towards cutting edge scientific solutions in Bioinformatics of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
Job Responsibilities include-
- Capable of developing test plans and test cases to verify and validate software product requirements and specifications
- Algorithm testing for NGS data analysis pipelines
- Developing verification tools to increase testing automation coverage
- Build deployment on both AWS cloud environment and local linux server
- Troubleshooting for build deployment, resource management, job scheduling and analysis pipeline
- MS. or higher in Computer Science/engineering, Bioinformatics, Biomedical engineering, Statistics, EE or related fields
- Experiences of bioinformatics tools and algorithms used in NGS analysis
Experiences in software design and development. Good understanding of software testing best-practices.
- Software development skills and experience with Perl, Java, bash or Python with 5+ yearexperience.
- Strong expertise on Linux/Unix environment
- Experiences of relational database
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Good communication skills with scientists, engineers and software developers
- Detail oriented and self-driven
- Extensive hands-on experience with software automation testing
- Java programming skills in highly desired
- Experience developing Selenium code
- Experience with Apache Jmeter and Jenkins
- Experience with MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with Software production tools (IDE, source control, and document tracking) and Test Management
- Product development and / or industry experience in a multi-disciplinary Biotech environment is a plus