As a Staff Engineer, AO you will independently determine and develop approaches to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. You will be expected to use the latest engineering techniques to reduce product time to market whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs. As a cross-function leader you will be expected to build productive internal and external working relationships and may periodically provide guidance and train other team members.
- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the Stryker new product development procedures.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
- Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- May lead/support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- Will analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. Lead and/or participate in process review meetings.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
- Complete capability studies for in process inspection and generate subsequent inspection documentation.
- Conduct MSA studies for new products and new processes.
- Provide training for manufacturing team members.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 5 years experience.
- Proven track record of working in a team based environment
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognize good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better ways of doing things.
- Experience in executing complex problem solving techniques related to manufacturing/design technical issues. Good instincts and sound judgement for mechanical and structural design.
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM), related statistical tools and validation/verification techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organize and implement concurrent tasks.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Certified in validation activities.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: None