$100K — $150K *
Job Description Summary
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Edwards Lifesciences Advanced Technology (AT) business unit and work with a dedicated team of engineers focused on developing innovative cardiovascular implants in the structural heart and interventional cardiology space. The AT computational modeling team provides expertise in advanced computational and systems modeling to all of Edwards Lifesciences’ business units. In this role the engineer will have the responsibility to develop and solve finite element analysis (FEA) models to support project teams as well as research and development efforts. Qualified candidates should be familiar with structural heart disease, mathematical modeling of the human circulatory system, and structural analysis as well as computational fluid dynamics(CFD) principals. This is a highly visible position in which the engineer will be working side by side with industry leading experts and will have potential for career growth opportunities.
· Utilize advanced knowledge and expertise of computational modeling to advance innovation and develop solutions that satisfy project and R&D requirements.
· Provide engineering knowledge and expertise to the design and development of new products.
· Provide novel and innovative solutions for structural heart modeling, circulatory system modeling, and modeling of medical devices.
· Provide advanced engineering skills and direction to other engineering staff.
· Author internal and external technical summaries including regulatory submissions.
· Interface with cross-functional teams to gather input for development of computational models.
· Develop and manage work plans and timelines within the scope of assigned projects.
· Work in a cross functional team environment which includes R&D, Regulatory, Quality, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to ensure project objectives are met.
· Work with senior leadership to determine future direction and continue the advancement of the computational modeling team.
· Some domestic and international travel (up to 5%).
The ideal candidate has a master’s or PhD degree in engineering, biomedical or mechanical, with a minimum 5 years with Master’s degree or 2 years with a PhD degree. Experience should be in structural heart disease and human circulatory system modeling. Additional medical device design and analysis is a plus.
· Familiarity with human heart anatomy, cardiovascular physiology, and treatments of structural heart disease is required. Familiarity with mathematical modeling of human circulatory system is preferred.
· Some experience with FEA, and CFD or parametric circulatory modeling is required.
· Familiarity and experience with tissue modeling and testing is a plus.
· Familiarity and experience with nitinol material, devices, and modeling is a plus.
· Strong mechanical aptitude with proven ability to apply engineering knowledge and judgment to solve complex engineering problems.
· Identify and implement practical solutions based on device requirements and project timelines.
· Demonstrated project ownership and accountability.
· Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction.
· Experience with scripting and user subroutines is a plus.
· CAD modeling experience is a plus.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Valid through: 5/7/2021
$200K — $250K
3 days ago
$200K — $250K
16 days ago
$150K — $200K
7 days ago
$80K — $100K
2 days ago
$150K — $200K + tbd
2 days ago