We are looking for a Staff EMI/EMC Project Engineer to support the Power & Controls business unit.
Collins Aerospace is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to support the Power & Controls EMC team. The EMC team is responsible for meeting multiple program's cost and schedule objectives associated with the EMC product/system design and test. This position includes the creation and management of comprehensive multi-disciplinary schedules, tracking of key deliverables, management of customer expectations and supplier activities, and tracking of financial budgets using the Collins Earned Value Management System (Work packages, monthly performance and monthly/quarterly estimated time for completion.)
- Act as the EMC project lead for cost, schedule and coordination oversight for various programs, throughout each program life-cycle. Conduct meetings, consolidate and present plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) and handle customer relationships for EMC activities.
- Work closely with the EMC technical lead to monitor technical activities, anticipate potential roadblocks and drive recovery plans if necessary.
- Work with UTAS outsourcing department to coordinate outsourced resources, which include engineering and test facilities, to support project milestones
- Coordinate EMC development & qualification setup / test. Schedule and monitor EMC testing. Lead daily and weekly EMC status meetings with the EMC technical leads, as well as engineering and test facility outsourced resources.
- Support program management office with customer presentations, change board (funding request) meetings and telecoms with the customer.
- Coordinate with EMI, Systems, Circuits, Test Equipment, etc. to drive RCCA closure and mitigation of turnbacks across all programs.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Ensure all project documentation has the appropriate ITC markings and is filed in appropriate program directories.
- Identify opportunities to reduce none-recurring project costs.
- Support the EMC standard work processes and upload evidence.
- Coordinate EMC activities in support of new business proposals and deliver cost estimates, schedules, proposal work statements and specifications.
- Project management experience
- Ability to define, track, and document multi-disciplinary project tasks (schedule, resources, budget/cost)
- Proficient in MS project and have the ability to break down the project in pieces, yet still manage the overall project at a high level
- Ability to travel to and coordinate activities at test facilities
- Financial experience with budget and accounting management
- Experience working on multiple projects in parallel
- Experience with certification of aircraft systems, sub-systems and components
- Understanding of aircraft mechanical and electrical systems
- Technical knowledge of product qualification testing
- Product life cycle experience
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in General Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in General Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.