Otis is seeking an embedded software engineer who will be involved in the design, development, test and release of various Otis software modules and full system solutions.
- Interface with various Otis elevator component teams to provide real-time, custom-hardware-centric, embedded software solutions for Otis Elevator controllers
- Work on business-impactful tasks such as implementing customer specific features, advancing data collection functionality, advancing IoT based functionality and adherence to regional elevator building codes
- Provide customer, field and factory support for troubleshooting, debugging & software upgrades
- Provide software support (e.g., build, distribution, testing) for software deployments
- Work with engineering centers worldwide for global component development and integration
- Possible leadership role of a small team
- At least 7 years of experience with embedded software development or at least 5 years of experience with an advanced degree in a related field
- Software design and development experience developing real time embedded applications using C
- Software design and development experience developing Linux embedded applications using C and Python
- Software debugging and testing experience including use of in circuit emulator, remote debugging, scopes, serial line analyzer and CANalyzer
- Must have strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Should understand and have been exposed to operating system and compiler designs with the capability to apply the knowledge
- Willing to work in a fast-paced changing environment and be able to learn and work with multiple elevator system components in parallel
- Working knowledge of schematics, printed circuit board components and real-time operating systems
- Desired experience with ethernet communication and serial communication protocols
- Desired experience in Agility/Lean – Scrum/SAFe, objected oriented design, model-based design
- Desired leadership experience
- Desired familiarity with C++, .Net Visual Studio, C#
The minimal education requirement is a B.S. degree or B.A. degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering.