SUMMARYWe are looking for a talentedElectrical Engineer with a strong background indigital electronics and FPGAdesign to join our DUV EE controls team. This position will be a key contributor in developing and sustaining the embedded electronic control systems in our DUV lasers. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Contributes to the hardware architecture for the real-time control system for our DUV lasers
- FPGA design in VHDL
- Board design (creates detailed schematics and directs printed circuit board component placement, routing, layout, and BOM release)
- Conducts board bring up, trouble shooting, and performance characterization
- Develops hardware specifications and theory of operations
- Determines key timing constraints for microprocessors, FPGAs, and bus architectures
- Collaborates with software and technology teams on new product design and sustaining engineering
- Gives presentations on designarchitectures, performance data, and problem-solving results
- Collaborates with other members of the EE team to share best practices, follow/create design standards, and maintain common design tools and libraries
- Works with supply chain, product management, and suppliers on component sourcing and obsolesce issues
- Supports troubling shooting and root cause determination on escalated quality/reliability issues reported by the field, manufacturing, and quality.
- Otherresponsibilities may be added as business conditions arise.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. (Master’s Preferred)
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience is required.
- Strong background in board level digitaldesign with microprocessors (ARM, PowerPC), FPGAs (Altera, Xilinx), and peripherals.
- FPGA design in VHDL
- Designexperience in bus architectures and signal interfaces such as PCI, PCIe, CAN, SPI, I2C, LVDS, USB, SDIO, Ethernet, EtherCat, and HDMI
- Experience with schematic capture and some knowledge of layout tools (OrCAD, DX Designer, PADS)
- Experience directing PCB layout (component placement, routing, design rules)
- Experience with electronics test equipment - logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, communication bus analyzers, etc.
- Experience creating specification documents, theory of operation, and giving presentations on architectures and performance test results
- Experience using structured problem-solving techniques
- Good knowledge of digital data acquisition (ADCs, digital filtering, resolution, signal to noise and noise reduction)
- Knowledge of embedded control system design and multiprocessor architectures
- Hands on board bring up and hardware troubleshootingexperience
- Good background in analogcircuitdesign (sensors, amplifiers, ADC, noise reduction, grounding, shielding).
- Some experience with change management and PLM software (AGILEpreferred)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) on a frequent basis.
- Requires working in a manufacturing clean room environment occasionally.
- Requires working with Excimer lasers in noisy environments (requiring ear protection) and potential radiation hazards (requiring eye and skin protection).
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE