DESCRIPTIONAstronics Connectivity Systems and Certification (formerly Telefonix PDT and Astronics Armstrong Aerospace) serves as the experienced, global market leader for in-flight entertainment and connectivity (IFEC) solutions for aircraft. As a systems certification provider, Astronics CSC has worked on over 100 projects for industry partners to upgrade commercial and business aircraft with new passenger power systems, IFEC navigation, communication and flight safety systems. Additionally, Astronics CSC offers proven IFEC hardware systems, flexible design platforms, high customer satisfaction, and long-term relationships with industry leaders to help make the connected aircraft a reality. The company now employs over 300 employees, and is a six-time recipient of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Employers to Work For award.
Develop and review the creation and evolution of the electrical design process, including support of the transfer of design files into the manufacturing process. Also assists with providing direction to the UKR staff when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete PCBA level design including BOM management, revision control, configuration management, hardware bring-up/debug, and issue tracking.
- Design of multilayer PCBs that include the following functions: 1. High-speed communication supporting up to10Gbps speeds, 2. Wireless modules or discrete design for 802.11 b/g/n/ac, BTLE, RFID/NFC, and LTE, 3. Microcontroller/Microprocessor circuits, 4. Power management including budgeting, analysis and characterization as it relates to current draw and thermal characteristics, 5. Serial/Peripheral interfaces.
- Product verification/testing including final analysis and development of tests, reports, and programming scripts.
- Use of and selection of test equipment—oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, meters, supplies, etc.
- Provide direction to Engineering Technician and on occasion direct support of PCBA assembly, rework, and changes using soldering irons, heat guns, hot plates, etc.
- Mentor interns and Jr. level engineers.
- Provide direction to Ukraine engineers and CAD specialists.
- Develop and review the creation and evolution of the electrical engineering design process.
- Support the transfer of design files into the manufacturing process.
- Support regulatory compliance testing.
- Become Subject Matter Expert for the manufacturing team on all electrical engineering designs.
- Support all level complexity programs including multiple programs concurrently.
- Subject Matter Expert in all level of complexity programs for technical design reviews.
- Independently provide Electrical Engineering team lead on all levels of complexity programs.
- Capable of project management/engineering lead on cross-functional programs with emphasis on Electrical Engineering deliverables.
- Working knowledge and awareness of ISO/9001/14000/13485 and AS9100 processes.
- Support ISO and internal audits of electrical engineering processes.
- Other duties & functions assigned to this position as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- BS in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering from an accredited university program with a minimum of 15 years’ experience.
- ECAD experience for schematic capture and layout, preferably Altium Designer.
- Team player and methodical self-starter able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Software experience in languages or environments such as C/C++, Python, Linux, Bash, Arduino and Raspberry Pi.