Directs a comprehensive Applications Framework product strategy from product conception and definition through various stages of evolution. Functions as a central resource inside the company with key constituencies as well as with external parties and customers. Formulates and executes long-term roadmaps for market penetration. Promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends. Provides support for module level product initiatives.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Working independently with little supervision.
- Making decisions that are significant in impact; maintains rapid progress and removes roadblocks.
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels. Negotiates with external parties and internal groups for necessary support.
- Provides support for other aspects of module product management and operational aspects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategy development and translation of strategy into a product roadmap for a new generation Applications Framework and SW feature set for the Telematics market built around module solutions.
- Development of Application Framework and SW features and capabilities and incorporates them into a roadmap to drive engineering development
- Works with other internal teams around providing solutions and an ecosystem for the connected car bundled with solutions for Telematics modules.
- Identifies new opportunities based on complex analyses of market, customer, technology, and other ecosystem demands and provides this information to guide design conversations.
- Leads team collaboration in the creation of business cases around the Telematics Application Framework, SW capabilities/monetization and validates cases for development of new, complex products to ensure they are appropriate given business direction and asks appropriate questions to understand relevance of program to roadmap.
- Maps proposed solutions to different customers and customer segments based on their needs and the opportunities they present for Qualcomm.
- Prepares and delivers highly complex technical presentations regarding a product roadmap that explains and demonstrates products managed to customers.
- Translates customer feedback and external environment into potential changes for the differentiated product roadmap and communicates this to senior leaders.
- Holds self and team(s) accountable for remaining up to date on competitors, technological advances, and the product ecosystem and taking the lead on development and design innovation of new and complex products to articulate differentiation of products to customer and identify trends.
- Communicates regularly with leadership following a communication plan to ensure cross-functional understanding of product plans for a product line.
- Ensures successful cross-functional collaboration by ensuring that agreed upon KPIs and specifications are met for a new, complex product(s), upon delivery by engineering team.
(All competencies below are required upon entry)
- Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources for both SW and HW product categories.
- Building Trusting Relationships - The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
- Communication - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
- Creating the New and Different - The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions.
- Decision Making - The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives sometimes in the absence of hard data.
- Getting Work Done - The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail.
- Mentoring and Coaching - The ability to develop, coach, and mentor associates.
- Product Management - The ability to direct a comprehensive product strategy involving SW and SW ecosystems and how to introduce them into the Automotive market and ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Humanities, or related field.
- 5+ years Product Management or related work experience.
- 10+ years Product Management or related work experience.
- 2+ years Product Management with SW and/or Services Products or Product Lines.
- Background in SW Product Development.
- Background in semiconductor or module Product Management.
- Experience in the area of cellular modems and RF systems as well as domain knowledge knowledge of automotive/telematics use cases and software products (APSS/HLOS (Linux)) including the implementation of applications & services for Tier 1s or OEMs is a plus.
- Global Marketing Experience
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.