TE Connectivity's Automotive Tooling Strategic Group in Reidsville Road North Carolina location is looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic, positive, highly engaged Engineer/Designer. The ideal candidate will have a background or education in design, tool manufacturing, tool assembly and Engineering of complex stamping dies. This person will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the manufacturing processes related to the 2 track die development in North America Automotive. The position will be responsible for providing design, manufacturing and engineering support through the various phases of stamping and release into high volume production. TEGTA16
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the manufacturing processes related to the 2 track die development in North America Automotive.
- Provided technical support, engineering assistance, and guidance in stamping manufacturing techniques and die auxiliary equipment.
- Interpret engineering drawing of TE products, tool drawings and complex Assemblies.
- Design and Engineer for all levels of prototype dies, pre-production dies and production dies.
- 3D Cad system, Creo preferred / AutoCAD / Solidworks / NX
- Manage the design and development of new stamping technologies.
- Explore alternative and disruptive stamping technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting skill in the stamping manufacturing processes.
- Effectively communicate with department managers, engineering, quality, and production departments.
- Fast learner, high level of attention to details, ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Capture the needs of our stamping plants
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- The position will also involve some project management of die engineering projects.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or 10 years’ experience or proven performance in related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of tool design experience and 5 years of tool Engineering (Preferred).
- Experience in Die Design, Creo 3D Cad design, Tool Engineering. (experience in 2D Auto CAD or 3D systems is a plus)
- Experience in tooling related to high speed progressive stamping dies (Preferred).
- Familiar with the tool manufacturing methods.
- The ability to communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently, lead a team and work within a team environment.
- Ability to stay on schedule and monitor project cost.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Internet.
- Knowledge of equipment for stamping presses, feeds, sensors, vision systems and other material handling equipment used in the stamping processes.
- Strong organizational.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)