ON Semiconductor is a leading provider of power efficient semiconductor solutions to customers in the automotive, communications, consumer, medical, industrial, and military/aerospace markets.
As a Staff Design Evaluation and Characterization Engineer you will be responsible for the development and release of new signal conditioning and timing products used in consumer, commercial and automotive markets. The engineer will be responsible for understanding or researching the product technical requirements, developing test plans and designing characterization/system boards for the validation and characterization of these products. You will have the opportunity to research the technical requirements, develop measurement systems and methodologies and validate product functionality and performance to ensure our products meet all specifications. This candidate will work collaboratively with design, applications and product engineers in developing a comprehensive silicon validation, system and product characterization reportrequired for the delivery of high quality products to our customers.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Development of measurement techniques for high data rates (USB 3.1 Gen2, DP 1.4, PCIe Gen 4, HDMI 2.1, etc) and low jitter products.
- Hardware design to enable identified measurements and validation to be made.
- LabVIEW software development to provide stimulus, capture & process responses from the device.
- Working with the Design team to debug silicon issues to root cause.
- Generation of validation reports on silicon performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic required.
- 5-7 years relevant evaluation engineering experience.
- Experience with LabVIEW programming techniques desired.
- Experience with bench measurement instrumentation such as BERT, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscopes, VNA
- Experience with working in a team environment.
- Needs to have a good understanding of testing a variety of analog products.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and be able to demonstrate a history of solving test related issues associated with analog IC’s.
- Must have the ability to generate loadboard schematics using a schematic capture tool used by for PCB layout engineers. Experience in PADS or Orcad Capture is a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills required in order to effectively communicate technical details to internal peers and external customers.