Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a Staff Engineer-Electrical that is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Who we want:
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.
Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
Dedicated Achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Collaborative Partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do:
- As a Staff Engineer-Electrical, you will perform a wide variety of technical work in planning and design of embedded hardware electronic circuits and PCB design which will lead to new or improved products/product lines under marketing, cost, time and regulatory constraints for medical devices that supports our Orthopedic Customer needs.
- Support creation of embedded systems requirements/architecture for new products leading to engineering PCB assembly board-spins/bring-ups and finally to a finished product.
- Through design process will complete analysis for electromagnetic compliance (EMC), reliability, safety, cost and design for manufacturing/assembly/test.
- Will assist in evaluating vendor capability to support development and test fixture development.
- Will work with Technical Leadership and project management team on breaking down work, scheduling, risks, and project updates.
- Will interact with customer to support determining requirements and validation of requirements.
- May coordinate the activities of 1 or more exempt and/or non-exempt employee.
- May provide feedback on performance of one or more employees, based on pre-established performance parameters.
- The opportunity to work with multiple technologies including voltage regulators, mixed analog/digital circuits, embedded microcontrollers/microprocessors, FPGA's, motor controllers, sensors, and camera-based navigation.
- The opportunity to work with multiple technical experts and internal/external training to further develop electrical hardware development skills and understanding of the medical procedures your products will be used in.
What you need:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Experience with PCB Schematic & Layout process and tools (e.g. PSpice, LTspice, OrCAD, Mentor Graphics, Altium, etc.).
- Experience using electronic hardware lab tools for development of design (e.g. Oscilloscope, Electronic Loads, Function Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Environmental Chambers).