Perform independent integrated circuit design, simulation and verification for design using CMOS technology with little or no supervision.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a key member in a development team, perform analog/mixed signal circuit design and design verification using deep submicron CMOS process technology. The individual needs to carry out assigned circuit design independently and mentor junior engineer, as well as supervise layout work and work with product engineering and test engineering for post silicon verification and product characterization.
- The individual needs to define circuit structures and product architecture as well as carry the design from front end concept to back end physical implementation. He/she must be able to generate high level product model and provide occasional customer support.
- Responsible for analog and mixed signal design and knowledgeable on analog building blocks, PLLs, DFE/CTLE, digital filter, I/O structure and ESDs
- The individual needs to work with digital team and define the signals between analog and digital interface and ensure the quality of final digital delivery.
- The individual is able to create and verify the behavior model in circuit/system design
- The individual needs to create and maintain documentation for the related project work and may create and improve the design flow.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MSEE/phD with a minimum 7 years experience or BSEE with 5 years experience. MS or PhD preferred.
- Requires analog and mixed signal integrated circuit design experience, familiar with SERDES, PLL, and DFE designs, Gigabit per second serial link design is preferred.
- Knowledge in Cadence tool set, Synopsys tool set, hspice simulation tool, Verilog simulation, Matlab, and layout tools.
- Ability to work as a team and able to work across other groups.