Responsible for provide complete and usable facility and infrastructure study and design services. The qualified candidate will work with a team of government and contract engineers, surveyors and construction professionals to ensure customer satisfaction and timely project completion.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- The development and design of plans for new buildings and other facilities such as roads, culverts, irrigation projects, pipelines, structures, etc.
- Conducting research on design specifications
- Directing the work of others in the Facilities Support Group
- Preparing work schedules to meet deadlines on assigned projects
- Preparing monthly utility computation reports
- Inspection of construction projects and oversee the work of outside contractors
- Evaluate roads and buildings and submit data to help establish and annual budget for building and road repair
- Prepare estimates and statements of work (SOW's) for infrastructure maintenance and development projects
- Prepare quarterly reports to calculate energy savings.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and data gathering and identify key themes, trends, and opportunities from complex data sets.
- Capture, synthesize, and summarize key points from interviews, focus groups, and internal meetings, translating insights into draft deliverables and products.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions to client issues and project approaches.
- Develop accurate and complete staff documentation to support project execution and completion.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically and learn quickly; critical thinker, analyst, and active listener.
- Ability to meet deadlines, adhere to project plans, ensure any conflicts are brought to the attention of the management team, and multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal Computer operations and other general office equipment. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of portable radio or cell phone to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
Work will be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required.
Have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
The SDE Junior Civil Engineer shall have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management at a major US military installation (Air Force experience is preferred)
Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in facility and infrastructuredesign.