As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.You're
an Individual. We're
the team for you. Together
, let's transform the way the world pays.Job DescriptionData Product Development:
Visa's position as the global leader in electronic payments enables us to collect and analyse a rich trove of data. Our team enables Visa to tell our data story through business intelligence and develop innovative data-driven products. B2B Core
group is part of Visa Business Solutions
vertical in Data Product Development division of Visa's Technology organization. We are responsible for designing, developing and implementing Values Added Services that help Visa's Business Solutions clients globally. We develop new offerings/products and enhance existing Visa Business Solutions product lines including Commercial data processing, B2B payments, and B2B Connect platforms. We are looking for a Staff Big Data Engineer join our B2B Payments team based in Austin, TX.As Staff Database Engineer, some of your projects could include:
- Enabling virtual card provisioning to digital wallet to help boost B2B payments adoption in Travel and Small Business industry
- Virtual Card Acceptance based solutions
- Enhancement to Push Payments and Identity based solutions
- Visa Payables Automation Long Term Architecture
- Design, Code, Unit Test, document and implement new applications & as well as existing programs
- Contribute to enhancements and changes to existing B2B applications codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE big data systems with best practices.
- Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
- Work closely with project team and other groups (e.g. Network, QA, Ops, Engineering)
- Work as a member of a team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Visa's Business Solutions B2B Core line of products.
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by self and teammates are in accordance with development standards.
- Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilise in designing appropriate solutions.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree Masters,
Additional InformationWork Hours:
- Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture and development using Big Data Hadoop, J2EE and Spark with large data volumes and transaction systems
- Possesses a deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns
- Continuous delivery and Dev Ops experience - infrastructure automation, monitoring, logging, auditing and security implementation and practices
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. HBASE and Cassandra) technologies is a plus
- Experience with GIT/Stash, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience in Python, HBase, Kafka is a big plus
- Experience in MySQL, Oracle or IBM DB2 on AIX, Unix or Linux platform
- Ability to solve complex software development/design issues
- Ability to write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
- Experience developing as part of Agile/Scrum team is preferred
- Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
- Past experience in Payments or B2B products is preferred
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.