Come join the QuickBooks Online Platform team in Small Businesses & Self Employed Group at Intuit to help us manage & scale our database infrastructure behind our flagship products. We are looking for a passionate engineer with experience in SQL & NoSQL database technologies and other Cloud Native data technologies. This position will be responsible for designing, developing, building, integrating and managing enterprise level database systems with complex inter dependencies and high availability, security, performance, scalability and cost optimization requirements.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- 8+ years of hands-on development & operational experience with Oracle, Postgres and other data technologies.
- Experience with migrating complex applications from Oracle to Aurora PostgreSQL
- Experience with AWS Data Migration Service, Oracle Goldengate and other replication technologies.
- Extensive performance monitoring, troubleshooting & tuning experience.
- Experience with data modeling for OLTP & data warehousing.
- Experience with AWS services and hands-on knowledge of hosting on cloud.
- Experience with scripting languages for DevOps automation.
- Experience with any one of the programming languages: Java/Python/Ruby.
- Knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes is a plus.
- Knowledge of NoSQL & Big Data technologies is a plus.
How you will lead
- Design, implement, and maintain complex data systems supporting millions of customers with Cloud Native principles and best practices to ensure highly available, secure, performant and scalable database systems.
- Plan and deploy database infrastructure build out and perform upgrades & migrations as needed
- Resident expert in Aurora PostgreSQL database performance & scalability, complex query tuning, monitoring and incident response.
- Collaborate with multiple functional teams to coordinate database changes adhering to best practices in an agile development environment.
- Contribute to infrastructure changes to AWS with deep understanding of AWS services.
- Manage complex data replication environment serving batch as well as real time use cases
- Engage in on-call for production systems and take action for incoming pagers/alerts.
- Independently troubleshoot incoming production and pre-production issues and provide timely resolution.
- Contribute to major system upgrades, deployment automation, monitoring enhancements and Production changes.
- Create operational playbooks, contribute to how-to articles, and gain domain knowledge to drive changes in the team.