At the heart of all this is “The Factory”, our complex system of microservices that ensure the efficiency and quality of our global production automation. In joining the Factory software development team, you will deliver just-in-time services to ensure the quality and success of our products. Your communication and database engineering skills will be essential as you work with teams down the hall, on the next floor, and around the world.
What you will do:
- Provide support on database architectural design of existing and new systems, database administration, performance monitoring tuning, troubleshooting problems and expansion
- Evaluate and implement products to enhance existing database solutions (reduce costs, improve efficiency, improve performance)
- Review, enhance and develop backup and recovery strategies depending on SLA requirements
- Capacity planning and monitoring database growth
- Build and maintain Monitoring and Alerting systems for data platforms
- Design, maintain and ensure High Availability including replication, clustering etc.
- Design, implement and document Disaster Recovery strategies for critical business servers
- Research methods to enhance overall system performance
- Develop, document, and enforce database standards and best practices
What you will bring:
- Generally BS Degree and 8+ years of experience progressively responsible positions, or verifiable ability OR MS/MA and 5-7 years in related field.
- 5 or more years developing, maintaining, and administering MS SQL Server databases
- Experience with cloud SQL Server (AWS RDS, AWS ec2, or Azure SQL Database)
- Experience configuring and managing SQL Server High Availability solutions
- Experience with Data Modeling Tools as well as creating and maintaining data models
- Goal driven, highly motivated, with a desire to take the lead and learn new skills
- Strong customer service skills and passion to work through obstacles to produce results
- Able to work in a projects-based, team environment
- Proficient in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects, able to meet target completion dates
- Able to be flexible and adapt to change
- Good interpersonal communication and documentation skills.