LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach and our professional social network empower our data science teams to impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We are much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
LinkedIn’s Analytics Team leverages big data to empower business decisions. Our team is rapidly reinventing the way that proprietary data can be converted to insights to drive enhance product and features. We use our rich member data to measure, understand and improve our products.
We are looking for a hands-on professional who is passionate about mining big data, turning data into insights, and making an impact through rigorous analysis, creative storytelling and timely actions. In this position, the data scientist will be expected to drive & lead technical horizontal projects across the team as well as work closely with product managers and engineers to drive LinkedIn’s core Premium Subscription products.
A successful candidate will be both technically strong and business savvy, with a collaborative and resourceful style that’s contagious. Our team is highly entrepreneurial and business-focused.
- Able to translate business objectives into detailed analysis proposals and own end-to-end analytics, effectively communicating complex findings to the broader audiences in written and presentation formats.
- Ability to prioritize analysis resources and set direction in a fast-moving environment. Able to negotiate timelines with partner team based on broader business priorities.
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas and convert the results into actionable next steps and product recommendations.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead or contribute to large-scale strategic projects as well as ongoing day to day operational activities.
- Exploratory data analysis with the goal of product ideation, prototyping, and developing new and innovative features that can drive additional value for/engagement from our members
- Formulate success metrics for completely novel products or business areas, socializing them and creating dashboards/reports to monitor them.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- BS or above degrees in quantitative fields - Computer Science, Engineering, Operational Research, Statistics, Economics or related fields.
- 5+ years experience in Analytics/Data Science working with large amounts of data.
- Experience with SQL/relational databases
- Experience with R or Python
- Experience with unstructured data systems, i.e., Hadoop, Pig/Hive/Spark, etc.
- Experiencebuilding visualization dashboards, such as Tableau, etc.
- Masters or PhD degree in quantitative fields - Computer Science, Engineering, Operational Research, Statistics, Economics, Marketing or related fields.
- 5+ years experience in Analytics/Data Science, ideally within the relevant domains of consumer internet industry, and product analytics.
- Experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Proficient working knowledge of Unix/Linux environment and other programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala.
- Overall a highly driven, results-oriented, creative and nimble problem solver with a willingness to do “whatever it takes” to deliver business impact quickly.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.