Essential ResponsibilitiesIn the role of Staff Data Scientist, you will:
- Create a library of company / customer data
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis (transform BN convention)
- Develop data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Mine / analyze data from BN databases to drive development and improvement of analytic products
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Work with MDS and other sources to develop a data portal / repository
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Do ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear and concise manner
- Create automated anomaly detection system and tracking effectiveness
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to support our data science efforts in the Analytic and Application Engineering group in High Performance Computing (HPC), Machine Learning (ML), and software development. The candidate must initially assist in the development of infrastructure and processes, and have the ability to transform data formats, structure analysis of data, infer information/models, and create distributable models in support of analytic research and product development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Data Science
- Desired Characteristics
- Master’s Degree and/or PhD with related Thesis from an accredited college or university
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM,
Decision Forest, Boosting, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as R, Weka, NumPy, Matlab, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Scripting and programming skills: C, C++, etc.
- Solid oral presentation and writing skills
- Ability to continue complicated jobs to completion in a timely manner
- Ability to identify and drive process improvements
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of cyber vulnerabilities, exploits, and threats
- Software architecture and development / programming experience