At RetailMeNot we believe that gaining valuable insights using our data is core to our future success. Our Data Science team is seeking a Lead Data Scientist to drive the application of data science within the company so we can deliver more savings opportunities to consumers and more value for our retail partners.
In this role you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, software engineers, data engineers, business analysts, product managers, and other internal customers to find the best opportunities to apply data science in RetailMeNot's business. You will then lead your team through development, iterative experimentation, and productization of winning solutions. We can provide you access to large-scale master and analytics data sets; in return you will see the application and impact of your work to millions of users.
Do you love working with people, taking on these new challenges, working in an energizing environment and using data to solve large and impactful problems?We have tons of work to be done, so let’s get started!
Who You Are
- You are highly skilled using Python, Linux, Docker, Git, and Amazon Web Services (or have translatable experience with similar toolsets)
- You have extensive SQL experience on a variety of RDBMS, and enjoy optimizing queries as well as designing efficient data models
- You have developed scalable solutions using both SQL and NoSQL (Hadoop) databases. Working with data sets comprised of millions or billions of records is comfortable
- You are familiar with one or more cluster-computing frameworks (Spark)
- You strive to identify simple solutions to complex problems, can identify a minimal viable product and enjoy iterative development
- You are able to accurately estimate tasks, identify dependencies and proactively solve problems to ensure commitments are met
- You recognize that your success depends upon enabling your fellow team members to succeed; taking time to help others energizes you
- You enjoy gathering requirements from non-technical coworkers and delivering solutions that meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- You derive satisfaction from enabling the business to succeed and delighting coworkers, not building technology for its own sake
- You have a work ethic that inspires your fellow team members to give their best
What You'll Do
- Architect and implement data system for both real-time and warehouse applications
- Enable new capabilities for the business by identifying new technologies, prototyping solutions and migrating systems to an improved architecture
- Develop ETL processes that ensure data is accurate and available within SLAs
- Enhance data models by developing integrations with business partners
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement and implement optimizations
- Create dashboards that provide insight into the health of data integrations, ETL processes and data sets
- Mentor junior data engineers on standard methodologies and provide code review when needed
Who We Are
- We hire smart people and give them the autonomy to be creative, have an impact, and share standard methodologies.
- We have a generous leave policy for new parents and 401k matching.
- We have a thriving Diversity and Inclusion program that gives back to the community and supports multiple Austin events and organizations with like-minded goals throughout the year.
- We serve breakfast Mondays and Fridays, lunch four days a week, provide all the snacks you could dream of, and have our own coffee bar run by trained baristas.
- We have a Friday board game happy hour for co-workers to mingle or just relax.
- We provide reimbursements for cell phones and gym memberships.
- We have an outstanding open vacation policy.