Our team builds state-of-the art healthcare applications that empower doctors, administrators, and patients in the healthcare delivery process. You will be responsible for the delivering high quality web-based EHR and Practice Management solutions as part of the Site Reliability team which runs our hybrid (public and private) cloud services.
The Staff Data Engineer is responsible for design, development and maintenance of new and existing databases, data pipelines, data warehouses as well as monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding of data metrics. The Staff Data Engineer will also work closely with Software Developers, Product Owners, Project Management and Customer Support on new architecture and feature introductions.
Specific duties and responsibilities include creating, maintaining and executing on improvements to our data pipeline and databases as we scale our systems to meet customer demand.
- Design/Build/Maintain the end-to-end of the database in partnership with application development teams
- Work with Development Leads and Engineers on all Database related changes via Code Reviews, Tuning, Testing, and Validation.
- Diagnose and resolve any data and performance issues, ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements
- Data analysis, produce Ad Hoc queries, and develop reports to support business needs
- Work with Lead DBA on Infrastructure activities like partitioning, upgrading, restoring/syncing/replicating data for testing
- Work with other DBAs to manage testing and production database environments
- Plan and coordinate Data Migrations between systems
- Creation and maintenance of technical data and database documentation
- Prioritize and escalate issues as needed to peers and management
- Troubleshoot outages as they occur, which may include after-hours/weekends
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years' experience with SQL (Oracle preferred)
- Experience with Oracle Active DataGuard
- Experience with Oracle Partitioning
- 3+ years' writing and/or tuning stored procedures
- 3+ years' experience with Linux
- Experience with NoSQL (Mongo preferred)
- Experience with Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues related to database integrity, performance, blocking/deadlocking, replication, logging, connectivity, security, etc.
- Experience with time series databases for monitoring, alerting, dashboarding & trending (Oracle Enterprise Manager, Sumologic, DataDog)
- Experience with data migrations from one data platform to another
- Experience with AWS Redshift
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of web technologies, including web services, web application servers and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with HIPAA/PHI data security
- Experience working in 24X7X365 SaaS environment