As a Staff Data Engineer in IT, you’ll work collaboratively with stakeholders across GRAIL to understand the enterprise-wide needs for data collection, analysis, reporting and application. We’ll look to you to drive delivery of an enterprise wide data analytics stack including a data warehouse/data lake strategy for data aggregation, ETL and an overall platform stack, resulting in delivery of key insights and optimizations to our most important enterprise workflows. We are looking for someone who can think strategically but is also hands on with a proven track record building a data ecosystem that delivers compelling business value in a rapidly growing environment.
- Engage with key stakeholders across the enterprise to understand the most compelling business needs for GRAIL’s data analytics platform.
- Define an analytics roadmap for the delivery of key capabilities and the enabling technology stack and processes to support them.
- Work collaboratively to build out that roadmap in 2021 as GRAIL scales commercially.
Your Background Should Include:
- Typically a minimum of 5+ years of directly related data engineering experience with a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Demonstrated positive collaboration skills with key stakeholders and system users to deliver robust systems and compelling results.
- Experience building and optimizing enterprise data repos (data warehouse, data lake) and the tool stack around them.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Preferred experience with AWS (e.g. Athena, Redshift, Quicksight, Lake Formation, AWS Glue, S3), Snowflake, Tableau, Denodo.
- Preferred Life sciences / Biotech sector experience in a regulated environment GxP, FDA, ISO 13485, etc.