The Data Engineering team at Edelman Financial Engines is looking for an experienced Staff Data Engineer to build out and enhance our robust enterprise-wide data analytics platform for our Finance department. The data analytics platform consists of the enterprise data warehouse (AWS Redshift), AWS data lake, business dashboards (Tableau), key corporate data marts, and the data pipelines (Apache Airflow).
Responsibilities and Roles:
- This member will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture across Finance, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for other cross functional teams.
- This role will work on data initiatives, including data quality and data governance and ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- The individual must be independent and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products with guidance.
- As part of Data Engineering team, contribute towards scaling and maintaining our data analytics platform
- 8+ years of hands-on experience as a developer in Data Engineering working with data warehouse systems and data pipelines.
- Intermediate to Expert level / 6+ years hands-on experience like Redshift, SQL and Python.
- Experience working with data formats such as Apache AVRO, Apache Parquet, and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience working as Data Engineer in Finance/Financial Analytics is a strong plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- Experience with AWS Big Data technology stack and AWS Certification is a plus.