When you are a part of the Edwards Lifesciences team, you’ll do important work, like helping to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life. Your work will have real-world impact.
The Staff Data Analyst plays a critical role in supporting the Global IT organization in delivering products and technology by implementing and optimizing Edwards' Enterprise Data Assets through Data Quality and Governance methodologies and collaboration with business stakeholders.
This role is an internal consultant – you’ll serve as liaison between business stakeholders, stewards, and staff; and we’re looking for the candidate that has the expertise of technologies, applications, and solutions to improve business processes to result in efficient and effective data management.
- Lead, identify, design and implement data quality methodologies to meet business process requirements in end-to-end integrated systems
- Lead the data quality coordination efforts to support Master Data Management platform improvement for Health Care Provider and Supplier domains
- Lead and/or manage medium to larger sized projects / enhancements
- Configure and test systems to execute features, integration, and reporting
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of business process and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of applications and interfaces used to support business processes and requirements
- Work with stakeholders in developing ROI based business cases for enhancements and small projects
- Identify, compare, and resolve data quality problems
- Evaluate large dataset for quality and accuracy
- Determine business impact level for data quality issues
- Work with Programmers to correct data quality errors
- Determine root cause for data quality errors and make recommendations for long-term solutions
- Research and determine scope and complexity of issue so as to identify steps to fix issues
- Develop process improvements to enhance overall data quality, including data clean-up measures
- Analyze, query and manipulate data according to defined business rules and procedures.
- Monitor and report on data quality assurance / production performance metrics
- Provide data quality training and presentations to external clients and internal teams
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology or business field
- 8+ years’ experience Data Quality or Business Systems Analyst
- Experience working in complex, global, matrixed environments
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of data governance and/or enterprise data management/architecture solutions in the fields of MDM, Data Quality, Metadata, and Business Intelligence
- Experience managing medium to large IT projects
- Strong ability to manage and work with different cultures and nationalities
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal relations, written & verbal communication skills
- Organizational and project management skills a plus
- Possess and display sound judgment; initiative; flexibility and detail-orientation
- Ability to develop and maintain business and technical documentation
- Provide mentorship to lower level team members
- Strong documentation skills including business process maps
- Competent in handling multiple tasks with attention to detail, and perform duties with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates creativity to develop and implement innovative, thought provoking, “out of the box” solutions and changes, rather than just incremental improvements
- Ability to map, troubleshoot, and optimize interfaces with multiple systems
- Master's Degree in technology or business field
- Experience with FDA guidelines for Software Quality and Systems Validation
- Experience with HIPAA
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.