You will provide legal support to Fiserv's Bank Solutions Division and work with some of Fiserv's most active product lines. Bank Solutions offers comprehensive bank platforms and value-added products and services for community, mid-tier and large financial institutions, enabling banks to efficiently manage a wide range of activities such as account opening, deposits, withdrawals, loans, customer information management, general ledger, and commercial online banking services.
Major responsibilities of this role include preparing and negotiating client, vendor, and other related agreements; providing counsel to sales, account management, product, implementation, and technology leaders on legal matters; and liaising with company specialists regarding intellectual property, technology, privacy, security, regulatory, employment, and litigation matters.
Senior Staff Counsel can look forward to:
- Working directly with our executives drafting, reviewing and negotiating all contracts from start to finish including:
- Drafting and negotiation of client, vendor, channel and other agreements and related documentation.
- Advising colleagues on: devising strategic initiatives and technology projects, scrutinizing customer and vendor contracts, protecting intellectual property, resolving disputes and settling regulatory matters.
- Establishing trust with senior business unit leadership through providing them with effective legal advice, deftly communicating with them and conducting yourself deftly
- Independently perform risk mitigation in both new and legacy agreements without significant oversight.
- Growing your understanding of contracting standards, enterprise risk thresholds and issues.
- Staying abreast of industry standard methodologies and proposed legislations related to operations of the division, advising the business accordingly.
- Evaluate contracting and Legal Department procedures and standards based on experience and ongoing learning, suggesting improvements to them. Basic qualifications for consideration:
- A Law degree from an ABA approved law school or proper state authorities, and an appropriate license to practice law.
- We require 3 years' legal experience working at either a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- We require that you are highly motivated and organized, and expect you to set and execute priorities effectively.
- You have received significant training in transactional and commercial contract and negotiation.
- You are able to demonstrate having operated with latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
- You have worked as lead negotiator of technology solutions contracts with sophisticated clients and vendors (E.g. Fortune 500 companies or national banks).
- You have the confirmed ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external parties.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills and attention to detail, particularly with risk identification/mitigation, contract drafting and negotiating.
- We would like to see you have validated abilities in independently investigating complex problems, developing effective recommendations, negotiating resolutions, and resolving issues in a professional manner.
- You will need to travel up to 15% of the time.