The Staff Counsel - Corporate Affairs position is responsible for providing support and guidance to FCA business groups, primarily the NAFTA Business Development group, on a broad range of commercial and corporate legal matters. This person will be responsible for both domestic and international transactions and must have the ability to establish strong cross-functional, cooperative relationships at all levels with legal and business colleagues throughout the world.
The Staff Counsel - Corporate Affairs position is responsible for the following:
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including development, supply, service, manufacturing, purchasing, and real estate agreements
- Drafting and negotiating agreements relating to complex transactions, including the establishment of strategic alliances, joint ventures and asset acquisition and disposition transactions
- Providing advice and support regarding corporate law and governance matters, including formation, maintenance, merger and dissolution of companies
- Providing advice and support for special projects and other matters as the need arises, and drafting and negotiating agreements for such projects
- Juris Doctor degree with a strong academic background and currently licensed to practice law
- Minimum of 3 years' professional legal experience
- Substantive experience drafting and negotiating commercial and complex agreements
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Law firm experience
- Ability to develop innovative and practical solutions to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving, challenging and ever-changing global environment
- Ability to manage a large volume of concurrent priorities
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team to resolve complex matters
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent writing, oral communication, analytical, organizational and strategic thinking skills
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.