Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Staff Consultnt-Sytems – Tactical Solutions SEIT
This position will report to the Manager of Tactical Solutions Systems and Test Engineering. This position has responsibility for leading systems engineering tasks associated with the development of tactical solutions flight systems and sub systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform systems engineering tasks throughout the lifecycle of tactical programs or R&D projects.
- Understand and refine requirements for electro optical systems.
- Provide analyses in the form of released documents for the same systems. Managesystem interfaces.
- Support program gates such as the preliminary design review and critical design review
- Subject matter expertise is Electronic Warfare systems and analysis
- Support the development, test and evaluation of hardware, software, support equipment and systems as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degreemust be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Advanced computer application skills, such as Matlab, C, C++, IDL, STK, DOORS, and other analytical tools is a strong plus.
- Experience executing RF, tactical or electro-optical system programs from concept development and program kick- off through post-delivery support.
- Experience with Systems Engineering execution.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills—ability to coordinate activities of a diverse team, predict and meet schedules, resolve disconnects.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, including the ability to understand the customer’s needs and provide clear communication of proposed solutions to both Ball management and the customer.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.