Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Staff Cloud DevOps Engineer (San Diego, CA)
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics in the cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs with cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata Managed Cloud. Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions. Teradata Labs is looking for DevOps Engineers to work in our Teradata Managed Cloud group. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments, owning a service from front to back, and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment. In this role you will be center to helping design and operate environments that enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
• You are able to contribute to designs of and independently operate highly available systems and software in large distributed Data Center and Hybrid Cloud environments.
Build and deploy in a container-based environment, then manage, configure, and support
• Metric driven with focus on continual improvement
• Comfortable working with distributed teams
• Automation – identify opportunities to improve dev and/or ops through automation, and then automate to reduce manual tasks and improve productivity
• System and IT Operations
• Continuous deployments
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack
- Strong code/scripting skills for IaaS automation
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools, primarily Docker, Kubernetes
- Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Experience working with complex network topologies and hardware
- Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Experience working in a cloud/IaaS environment – AWS, Azure
- Monitoring/Alerting tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Icinga and Graphite
- Expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
- Experience working in hybrid environment
• Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of relevant job experience