- Design, develop and deliver high-impact SaaS software for the TradeLanes Global Trade Management platform.
- Propose, review and deliver software architecture that meets global customer needs
- Evaluate, recommend and integrate open-source projects to maximize engineering velocity
- Own feature delivery and quality from inception through design, coding and release
- Focus relentlessly on customer value and developer productivity
- Design software and write automated tests that provide the strongest quality safety net with minimum maintenance
- Act as Project Lead to deliver software across multiple contributors to based on empirical velocity measurements
- Mentor engineering team on excellent practices, both directly and through pull request review
- Establish and reinforce technical and cultural engineering standards including customer value, quality and production reliability
- Maintain a strong commitment to continual learning through new technology research
- Occasionally diagnose and resolve unusually complicated production issues
Technical Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar and minimum 5 years experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Expert level in Node.js. Experience with Hapi, Bookshelf.js, knex preferred.
- Expert level in server-side technical platform design. Examples include high availability, horizontal scaling, design-for-testability, monolith vs. microservice, RDBMS vs. NoSQL.
- Expert level in at least one cloud platform, e.g., AWS, GCP or Azure. AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience with data streaming technology in a production environment, e.g., kafka, AWS Kinesis.
- Proven ability to deliver high-value software architecture and applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly in multiple mediums: verbal, written and via diagrams.
- Ability to form and defend strong opinions while also subscribing to disagree-and-commit culture.
- Experience with SLI/SLO/SLA operational methodology.
- Experience with teams and strong opinions on balancing individual and team productivity against work-life balance
Preferred Technical Skills
- Competent level in Ember, Angular or React. Ember preferred.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code, e.g., CloudFormation or Terraform. CloudFormation preferred.
- Experience with and strong opinions on rapid delivery via CI/CD fully automated pipelines using Jenkins, Bitbucket, Spinnaker, harness.io or other CI/CD platform.