Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: Manufacturing - Automation
Base Salary - $103,000 to $140,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market.
We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
- Duties include managing programs and being responsible for implementing cost effective ways to manufacture composite components.
- The individual will be responsible for evaluating the current composite catalog of components manufactured by UTAS-Aerostructures and determine low cost automated solutions where identified as financially beneficial.
- The individual will work with different automated solution providers to best determine the right equipment and tooling path forward for UTAS-Aerostructures.
- Once an automated solutions provider has been identified, work with them as well as the manufacturing sites to implement the equipment into new or existing product lines.
- The individual will also work closely with other internal UTAS-Aerostructures organizations, key suppliers/customers, and senior leadership to ensure internal and external commitments and milestones are met.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution and 10+ years Aerospace / Manufacturing experience or Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution and 5+ years Aerospace Manufacturing experience.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated product and organization knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and complete standard tasks without direction.
- Experience in the development of project plans using Microsoft Project; including schedule, budget and resource planning. Evaluation of technical options against schedule and budgetary constraints.
- Experience in developing Robotic/automated solutions and programming.
- Proven track record of finalicial management (P&L).
- Critical Competencies: Project Focus, Drive for Results, Technical Skills, Interpersonal Leadership Skills, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Effective Teamwork.
- Travel will be required to meet with automated solution providers, attend technical conferences / trade shows to evaluate material processing advancements, and customer facilities for meetings and manufacturing reviews.
- The position is to be based out of Chula Vista, CA with periodic travel to the Riverside, Mexico, and Tianjin facility (20%).
- Clear executive presence with ability to clearly and effectively communitate and present to Management and Executive Leadership.
- Demonstrated history of utalizing and implementing Six Sigma and leanprocesses/activities.
- Experience with Composite Automation (Manufacturing, Machining, Assembly, etc. ).
- Experience with coordinating and executing equipment, tooling, and part qualifications.
- Experience with material system development to improve automated capabilities.
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and program/project management tools.