5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Our client is seeking a Staff Auditor. The ideal candidate is responsible for performing internal audit testing which includes evaluating the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the internal controls and proactively working with management to ensure compliance with policies, laws and regulations.
- Assist in the risk evaluation of the audit area to identify key controls and inherent risks
- Assist in the drafting test steps and procedures to test controls
- Execute audit steps including preparing work papers, schedules, and summaries documenting audit evidence, conclusions, and findings reached
- Assist in the drafting of audit findings for applicable areas
- Participate in audit entrance and closing meetings
- Complete work papers in compliance with the department and IIA standards
- Partner with audit clients to identify compensating controls, and constructive and value-added solutions to address risks identified
- Minimum four year college degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- Previous audit related experience
- Expectation to pursue applicable certification (i.e., CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.) as career progresses
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and evaluate specific information pertaining to audits and the preparation of written reports of work performed.
- Ability to work well in team setting
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%)