Provides legal services to a nonprofit health system sponsoring a wide variety of post-acute and long term care services in numerous entities, all sponsored by the Archdiocese of New York.
A wide range of day-to-day responsibilities dependent on the needs of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Performing factual, legal and regulatory research and analysis on a wide variety of issues of corporate nonprofit governance, patient care, health care provider regulatory responsibilities
- Attending committee and board meetings of governing bodies and drafting minutes and resolutions for those meetings
- Drafting and reviewing vendor and other business arrangement contracts and a wide variety of legal correspondence
- Advises executives and staff on the potential legal ramifications of proposed organizational policies and procedures
- Protects the organization’s rights in its interactions with external parties
- Juris Doctor degree
- New York State Bar admission
- 5 years of prior associate-level experience in corporate law, emphasis in health care law preferred, demonstrating
- Superior ability to communicate persuasively—in writing, speaking, and via audio-visual technologies
- Meticulous, detail-oriented approach to work matters
- Up-to-date understanding of the key legal issues germane to an organization.