As a recognized technical expert, provides engineering and technical support for product functionalities and features to support internal and customer design teams.
- Provides technical assistance to customers (e.g., assisting a customer in designing and programming parts).
- Designs and debugs demonstration and evaluation boards.
- Designs interface examples of how our products connect in various systems.
- Actively works with customers on design activities.
- Participates in design validation.
- Provides conceptual design of demonstration and evaluation boards and systems.
- Prepares application notes and technical articles.
- Trains Sales and Field Application Engineers as necessary.
- Mentors junior engineers and motivates them to achieve top-level results.
- Champions technical needs of customers to internal teams.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple product functions and applications allows for proactive resolution of issues.
- Advanced technical knowledge allows for independent definition of methods for new tasks and independent resolution of complex technical issues.
- Acts as a technical consultant for marketing, product engineering, sales and design to meet customer needs.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Contacts pertain to significant matters often involving coordination among groups.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
Education and/or Experience:
A technology-related bachelor's degree or equivalent training plus 12 years of related experience. An advanced degree may reduce the minimum experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of multiple markets and multiple systems
- Advanced schematic capture and PCB design skills
- Proficiency with circuit-level simulation tools
- Advanced skills with lab test equipment
- Knowledge of software programming tools or soldering and rework tools
- Advanced analog and digitalcircuit analysis skills
- Advanced EVB or software design skills
- Advanced system analysis skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug systems, circuits, and devices
- Highly-effective customer management/interface skills
- Advanced technical documentation authoring and editing skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Familiarity with quality procedures and documentation
- Proficiency in MS Office or equivalent