Staff Applications Developer
8 - 10 years experience •
This position reports to: Senior Manager, Application Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than everbefore.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff Applications Engineer, you will be a key member of the Applications Development group with the opportunity and responsibility to design and develop these solutions to be the best implementation the industry. In this hands-on role, you will work closely with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high quality product to our users. You will be working in a collaborative team using agile software development methodology. Your design and implementation will also need to ensure security, integrity and consistency of critical user and customer data.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience developing software
- Care about performance & has experience scaling Apps
- Knows or wants to learn how to translate business problems into software & technical requirements
- Likes to write code that works well, takes pride in code working correctly the first time
- Likes to write code from the foundation up i.e. has a natural tendency to build the core piece and layer on capabilities step-by-step
- Cannot imagine anything other than an Agile development environment
- Experience with databasedesign schemas and data modeling
- Can use Eclipse IDE, GIT, Maven, Ant and Jenkins or equivalent or work with those that do
- Adept at diagnosing complex issues and troubleshooting code
- Has high coding standards & can maintain them even when the pressure is on
- Is a developer at heart & thinks OO first
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.