Develop, improve, operate, and document a variety of complex actuarial models. Perform actuarial, financial, and risk analysis, and communicate the results to others across the company. Serve as the subject matter expert in assigned projects and may have an expanded scope and responsibility within a project. Provide people leadership to lower level actuarial staff and/or actuarial intern(s).
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of actuarial models based on the needs of various businesses and model users. Modeling projects may include stat/tax or GAAP valuation, risk, cash flow testing, and pricing.
- Review user requirements and assess modeling capabilities, limitations, and potential enhancements. Communicate findings to model users and management.
- Develop model functionality by updating code and/or inputs/assumptions, and test functionality in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide documentation of model versions, model changes, and testing results.
- Provide leadership by way of being the subject matter expert on modeling projects while working with other actuarial staff. Participate in professional development to maintain actuarial credentials.
- Support the validation and development of business controls.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)
- All Introductory ASA exams plus 3 Actuarial/Advanced ASA Exams or Requirements completed.
- Validation by Educational Experience (VEE) coursework completion.
- 5-7 years of experience with 4 years of actuarial experience.
- Strong relationship and communication skills in working with colleagues.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or related discipline.
- Experience with MS Excel, VBA, MS Access, and other database applications.
- Experience with actuarial modeling systems.
About Our Company