Purpose of the job
Candidate will be responsible for setting up companies in QAD Enterprise Edition.
- Interact with and manage the outside vendor during the setup/conversion process
- Set up of financialreporting templates using the report writer in QAD
- Assist with the preparation of a Month-end closing procedure checklist
- Assist with establishing Best Accounting Practices utilizing QAD
Additionally, the candidate will be required to provide support in the day to day accounting of the company, including, but not limited to the following:
- Month-end closings, preparation and distribution of financialreports, assist with budget forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Analyze Cost Improvement Project (CIP) proposals, and track actual vs. projected performance
- Assist with the preparation of capital expenditure requests
- Interact efficiently with purchasing, materials, quality, and manufacturing group
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Job Experience
- Minimum, bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required;
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment preferred
Skills and Specifications
- Experience with QAD Enterprise Edition is preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Solid understanding and experience in G/L, A/P, A/R, banking, and Inventory control
- Strong Interpersonal skills. Team player.
- Requires good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office