Our client located in Michigan City, IN is a dynamic and rapidly growing publicly traded manufacturing company who has become a recognized leader in their space. To continue their growth, they are seeking an Assistant Controller to help support and lead key financial initiatives.
Top Reasons to Work with Us?
- Diversified manufacturer serving a vertical market client base in the transportation industry.
- Team based environment!! Heritage of growth sustainability and diversification.
- Strong commitment to employees ~ Strong commitment to customers.
- Growth & expansion. Been in the area for 75years! Long tenured staff.
- Excellent compensation, including bonus program and complete benefits package.
What you will be doing?
- Perform Month End Close activities, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation, and preparation & justification of judgmental accruals and financialreporting in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Prepare monthly Forecast with analysis of variance from Plan and Prior Forecast.
- Assists in the preparation of the plant’s Annual Operating Plan
- Assist with Annual Physical Inventory along with analysis of variance from Book.
- Maintains SOX procedures
- Monitor cash receipts and research and resolve payment/billing/credit discrepancies including reconciliation and application of customer debit memos.
- Responsible for supplier debit memo recovery
- Assists with accounts payable coding, review and approval
- Coordinate with other departments on fixed assets & tooling accounting, planning and reporting
- Maintain intercompany balancing
- Analyze balance sheets, profit and loss statements and otherfinancialreports
- Maintain standard cost system
What you will need?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field required
- 5-7years of directly relatedexperienceincluding:
- Strong financial acumen, demonstrated analytical ability, and knowledge of corporate finance as well as manufacturing accounting and GAAP
- SOX, external, and internal audits
- Hands-On Month End Close accountability
- Understand P&L and balance sheet dynamics
- Experience with tracking fixed assets and tooling
- Experience with accounts receivable and accounts payable in a shared services environment
- Experience with budgeting/forecasting
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills; familiarity with ERP systems (Plex preferred)