Staff Accountant - ISA
WorldStrides is seeking a Staff Accountant to become an integral part of Finance team by assisting in month-end and year-end closes, creating timely and accurate financialreports and statements, assisting withtax and treasury management and serving as a resource for accounting questions to management. The Senior Accountant role will work directly withInternational Studies Abroad (ISA), a division of WorldStrides. ISA is an innovative leader in the study abroad community. For over 30 years, ISA has been providing high-quality academic programs with excellent studentsupport at home and abroad.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as corporate point of contact for ISA financial information and primary facilitator of ISA group foreign subsidiaries in the area of tax and treasury management.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts for all ISA entities on a monthly basis
- Perform bank account and expense report reconciliations
- Participate in month-end close process
- Prepare and enter journal entries, using NetSuite financial system
- Collaborate with FP&A team on analysis of monthly financial statement details
- Assist with statutory audits
- Assist Supervisor in all assignments, making sure that all members of the Finance Department have the proper resources and support
- Lead and participate in projects as requested
- Work extended hours during busy season as needed
- BA or BS in Accounting preferred; two to three years of previous accounting experiencepreferred.
- Must have superior analytical and organizational skills.
- Advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of other Microsoft applications such as Access and PowerPoint required.
- Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks at once and meet stringent month-end deadlines.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Concur is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 5years
- Auditing: 5years
- Charlottesville, VA
Required license or certification: