Working with the accounting team on general ledger activities, and supporting monthly/quarterly close, reporting, and internal controls.
General Ledger & Risk Compliance
- Assist the Assistant Controller with close activities including, but not limited to, reconciling balance sheet accounts and preparing excel schedules in support of the month/quarter end close
- Assist with the quarter end audit by providing support and answering auditor queries in a timely manner
- Perform tie-out of quarterly SEC filings and assist with support as necessary and preparation of financial statements and footnotes
- Support the Assistant Controller with the company’s compliance activities relating to SOX controls, such as capital expenditure forms
- Support the finance team with other reconciliations and schedule preparation, such as corporate credit card reconciliation, weekly cash tracking and 12-week cash forecast preparation, bank reconciliation, etc
- Oversee processing of equity award activity, calculation of stock compensation expense, and preparation of equity disclosure.
Reporting, A/P, System and other
- Govern finance master data update (e.g. rolls up for department, project and GL account) in NetSuite, Adaptive, Coupa, etc; validate data interface across various financial systems
- Coordinate with HR, accounting and FP&A to reconcile headcount information, update headcount reporting model, and prepare month end headcount report
- Track capital and IT related PO and invoices, update FP&A tracking schedule on a monthly basis
- Responsible for collecting new vendor forms and creation of vendors in accounting and purchasing systems
- Prepare annual 1099 tax forms for consultants
- Manage the company’s finance shared inbox ensuring queries are communicated to the finance team as needed
- Support the administrative function in the company’s purchasing system
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Early-mid stage biotechnology /Pharmaceutical a strong plus
- 5-7 years of relevant experience Finance with a preference to public company environments
- Some payroll experience required but full training will be provided
- Detail oriented, highly organized and analytical
- Proven ability to develop relationships within the business and working collaboratively with both internal and external teams a must
- Netsuite and/or Coupa / Expensify software experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and desire to learn and grow