Staff Accountant - Entry level
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
KEYS TO THE POSITION
- An Accounting degree is required with a strong GPA of 3.3 or greater. The higher the GPA the better. Also, candidates that have internships at Financial Services firms are highly desired. College athletics are a big plus.
- We would like someone right out of college that recently graduated. We will also look at candidates with up to 2 years of experience. Candidates with over 2 years of experience will be too much.
- A CPA candidate is preferred.
- We are looking for a candidate that is intelligent, motivated and energetic.
- This is a traditional Corporate Accounting entry level role (not fund accounting).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a strong GPA required
- Internship or previous experience in an accounting setting preferred
- CPA candidate is a plus
- 0-2 years’ experiencepreferred
- Analytical aptitude with strong attention to detail
- Strong excel and system skills preferred
- Workdayexperience is a plus
- Motivation, enthusiasm and initiative are highly valued attributes of Wellington finance professionals
Applicant must meet ALL of these requirements.
This staff accountant position supports the corporate accounting area of Wellington’s Finance department. This individual is responsible for traditional accounting duties related to the monthly close for Wellington’s legal entities, as well as internal and external financialreporting requirements and financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn quickly to make an impact and take on increasing responsibilities within the group.
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, and internal reporting for Wellington’s legal entities
- Preparation of filings and surveys for a variety of regulatory agencies (domestic and foreign) with adherence to strict deadlines
- Preparation of various financial statements
- External audit support including audit work papers and responding to auditor inquiries
- Maintenance of procedure documentation for the area
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting