A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Scientific is a national corporation headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Sea-Bird Scientific is the world's largest developer and manufacturer of products for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic parameters in marine waters. These tools are used around the world by ocean researchers, resource managers, and key industries engaged in offshore exploration and ocean resource utilization.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird Scientific/Danaher gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging "stretch" opportunities.
- Participates in month end close activities, including journal entry preparation for recording cash, A/R, credit card receipts, credit card fees, reclassifications and corrections while ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Performs monthly reconciliations of various accounts, investigates and resolves variances accurately and timely.
- Analyzes and develops monthly variance explanations for balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Maintains current desktop procedures for assigned responsibilities and ensures others are cross trained within the department.
- Performs required Sarbanes Oxley testing and provides related schedules and support to internal and external auditors.
- Supports the identification of opportunities for automation enhancements of manual processes.
- Prepare 1099 forms for vendors.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly B&O Tax filings and local tax returns.
- Supports the implementation of Blackline Software to perform account reconciliations.
- Analyzes intercompany accounts and ensures timely settlement of outstanding balances.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Public audit experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Oracle ERP System a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and do what it takes to meet deadlines.
- Position will require working on weekend during month-end close.
- Detail and deadline oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.