$100K — $150K *
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
Job Description: This engineering position provides an opportunity to work closely with leading wireless operators, infrastructure vendors and R&D Teams on 5G/LTE/Wi-Fi technologies. The candidate should have an academic background in digital communications, wireless and computer communication networks. The candidate should have the ability to understand detailed technical design, implementation and issues related to 5G/LTE/Wi-Fi technologies. The candidate should be able to provide onsite support to mobile operators to help roll out and enhance their 5G/LTE/Wi-Fi networks. Position requires significant customer interaction and ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams. Occasional travel required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
***Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible for a U.S. Government security clearance.***
- Support 5G/LTE/Wi-Fi system integration, test/debug, demos and over the air (OTA) field trials of new features
- Interact with wireless Operators to investigate and characterize network performance in various aspects ranging from core network, air interface, to devices and applications
- Use handset and network infrastructure based advanced tools to accurately measure existing and potential network performance and propose solutions to problems
- RF Network Planning, including propagation model calibration, link budget definition, network planning tool configuration, coverage, capacity planning and network growth dimensioning
- Support efforts related to wireless network voice/data capacity estimation and techniques to mitigate/manage cellular network congestion
- Develop white-papers, conference contributions, technical memos, new technology training documents and detailed technical presentations. These may be focused on wireless system performance, network parameter optimization, new wireless technology standards or analysis of wireless network/device issues
- Ability to present complex technical ideas and results to multi-level, multi-disciplinary internal and external audiences
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience.
- MSEE with focus in Wireless Communication Systems
- 8+ years Systems Engineering and relevant working experience with telecom operators/infrastructure vendors.
Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge of cellular (5G NR, LTE & Wi-Fi) PHY/MAC and upper layers along with a strong understanding of RF principles
- Familiarity with 3GPP protocol standards, 5G NSA and SA call flows, Mobile Communications, Communication Theory, protocols (RTP/TCP/UDP/IP), DSP, MIMO techniques
- Experience with LTE/5G network performance and user experience analysis and optimization
- Understanding pf Private Network operating theory a plus
- Understanding of overall 5G architecture and vRAN operating theory and architecture
- Understanding of cellular network planning concepts, including link budget, coverage and network capacity
- [Preferred] Exposure to network planning, measurement and optimization tools such as Atoll, Asset3G, iBwave, QXDM, TEMS, Ethereal, Actix, Agilent, R&S, Spirent, PCtel
- Scripting skills in Python/Perl/Shell
- Ability to effectively work with multi-functional engineering teams
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Valid through: 9/28/2020