Do you love to make new things, design and develop technologies that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment? Then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware.
TheDevOpsEngineer will design and manage the VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud infrastructure and should be well-versed insoftwaresystems and virtualization technologies especially as it relates toInfra-as-code,Cloud Service Providers, Private Clouds, and Data Centers. The System Engineer will also monitor ongoing health of the global service infrastructure and implement corrective actions/automation to avert disruptions.
- Design future proof data center solutionswith Infra-as-code.
- Design hybrid cloud environment for scale; integrate public cloud IaaS and physical data centers
- Operate global infrastructure & manage service availability
- Respond to security incidents.
- Work closely with R&D team to ensure the various software components can be managed in a production grade environment, ensuring maximum visibility into network operations and flexibility in the event of component failures.
- Work with the sales team to adequately plan capacity in the global POP locations based on sales forecast
- Equipment selection, qualification, and deployment
- BS Computer Science preferred
- Background with running IaaS and/or SaaS services
- Systems Administrator level expertise of Linux Operating Systems
- Administrative level expertise of Public Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Solid understanding of virtualization technology: ESXi, KVM
- Experience with storage systems in the context of physical hypervisors and public cloud
- Understanding of L2 and L3 OSI Network Layers
- Expert with container technologies in a production environment (Kubernetes, Docker, EKS)
- Expert level scripting experience with Bash and/or Python
- Expert withbuildingand maintaining CI/CDpipelines withJenkins,Githubetc
- Expert with Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Terraform.
- Expert with deploying and managing monitoring infrastructure such asWavefront,BigPanda,ELK etc.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical 24x7x365 production service environment
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to establish rapport and credibility and clearly articulate problem statements
- Must be a US Citizen.