To achieve these objectives, the GAO’s structure has been aligned to the major groups of R2R activities, such as Close & Consolidations, Expense Accounting, Intercompany Transactions and Allocations, Accounts Receivable & Revenue Accounting, Accounts Payable and others. Each of these process groups is led by an appointed Global Process Owner (GPO)andsupported by Business Leads managing the different business units within the process andworking closely with the BUControllers.
The role of Vice President, Accounts Receivable & Revenue Accounting, SSGA is a central, visible and critical leadership position within the Accounts Receivable and Revenue Accounting Process. This role will manage several geographically-distributed teams and will have end-to-end responsibility for managing all SSGA Accounts Receivable and Revenue Accounting activities at State Street. The role will report directly to the GPO for Accounts Receivable and Revenue Accounting and will work very closely with Global Process Owners (GPO’s), Accounts Receivable and Revenue Accounts Regional leads, Global Accounting Centers located in shared services environment in Bangalore, Krakow, Hangzhou, Chennai and Coimbatore. This role will closely interact with senior leaders in SSGA Business Unit and Legal Entity Controllership, SSGA Business Finance teams, FP&A, SSGA Global Billing, Institutional Client Group (ICG), Financial and Regulatory Assurance and External and Internal Audit.
Accounts Receivable and Revenue Process:
Lead the Global SSGA Accounts Receivable & Revenue Accounting team responsible for all facets of SSGA revenue accounting including revenue accruals accounts receivable and associated business-unit specific accounting. This responsibility will span across geographies legal entities and product groups. Lead and manage the Monthly/Quarterly SSGA Accounts Receivable & Revenue Accounting process to ensure timely and accurate production of financials for the various legal entities.
- Ensure global SSGA revenue transactions are recorded in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure execution of appropriate controls supported by documented policies and procedures across the relevant groups and pay significant attention to Risk Excellence to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory standards
- Support the monthly and quarterly SOX and other certification processes
- Provide timely data reporting and needed analytics to SSGA senior management and other key stakeholders
- Create a culture of ongoing self-assessment to continuously better the effectiveness and the efficiency of the SSGA Accounts Receivable and Revenue Accounting process
- Develop and collaborate with team members to ensure an effective delivery of business as usual activities
Accounts Receivable and Revenue Transformation:
- Develop an interaction model for the SSGA Revenue Accounting team to collaborate closely with the SSGA BU Controllership team to drive timely and accurate accounting and reporting including Accounts Receivable reserves, prior period adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations, and close processes.
- Develop an interaction model for the Revenue Insight Center within FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) to drive revenue forecasting composition analytics and reporting
- Collaborate with FP&A to provide period-over-period variance analysis to explain significant variances when comparing actuals budgets and forecasts
- Evaluate the current Accounts Receivable and Revenue Accounting process for various geographies, legal entities, product groups and billing areas including the underlying activities policies infrastructure and control and governance mechanisms to assess areas of improvement and transformation
- Support the discussions on complex accounting treatments and interpretation of the US GAAP guidance
Evaluate the current SSGA Revenue Accounting process including the underlying activities to assess areas of improvement and transformation
- Partner with key internal technology resources to drive “best in class” processessupported by comprehensive technology solution
- Provide periodic updates to senior management on the status of the transformation efforts and escalate issues as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- CPA or Master’s Degree preferred
Experience in core Finance/Controller/Audit roles
- 10+ years of progressive revenue accounting, regulatory or auditexperience with a large financial services or advisory firm
- Understanding of US GAAP revenue recognition guidance
- A minimum of 5+ years managing/supervising a team
- Broad-based experience focused on business process re-engineering transformation controls program management and technology implementation
- Exceptional ability to communicate in written and verbal formats across various levels of organization
- Demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels of the organization on a global basis
- Risk Excellence and Operational Excellence mindset with the ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines and goals
- Proven transformation leadership experience. Demonstrated experience of program management and delivery of change management initiatives on business side