About the Team:
The growing Encore Semi Firmware Development / Firmware Test team collaborates with customers to develop “bare metal” and higher-level Firmware to enable the productization of SSD products and systems. The team develops Firmware for all aspects of the system from the controller to the system including code enabling Host Interface (NVMe/PCIe, SATA, etc) features, optimizing the interface with the Storage media and the overall device integration into the storage system. The team also plans the approach for testing the drive and module level, creates the tools required to implements those plans and executes the testing protocols. Come join the team to collaborate with SSD Storage developers and deliver the next generation of Storage System products.
About the Project:
The Encore Semi Firmware Development team delivers the entire FW stack to enable current and next generation SSD based Enterprise Storage solutions. The team is expanding its Test Execution and Automation capabilities. Projects include developing scalable and optimizes frameworks for test execution (including clear data collection elements), developing automation for execution of tests and displaying the results and working with the wider FW development team to share the testing results and drive additional requirements or data necessary to deliver the products. The team works closely with the overall product development team to enable existing designs and next generation projects.
• Knowledge of mass storage systems, Flash memory (NAND /NOR), NVMe / SATA / SAS / RAID protocols
• Hands-on experience creating and utilizing frameworks for test execution for large Storage Systems including execution of testing, collecting results, debugging and presenting the results to the larger development team
• Experience with Jenkins tools and strong test environment scripting experience (Python, Perl, etc)
• Experience working with host systems for storage devices as well as network protocols as well as Firmware development in Linux and Windows
• 7+ years of Firmware test and / or Firmware development projects; preferably enabling multiple products into production
• Knowledge of specific SSD controller functions such as the Flash Translation Layer, wear leveling, or garbage collection either as a FW developer or in testing such functions
• Experience testing and debugging SSD controller hardware or Storage System hardware components
• Experience with Oakgate as a host system for Storage devices
• Required: Bachelor's, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Preferred: Master's, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
About Encore Semi:
Encore Semi is a successful Engineering Solutions company. We build Centers of Expertise to support our many customers from the semiconductor and electronics system industry in North America. Our teams of experts contribute to leading-edge projects in the areas of SoC design and embedded software. We provide high-value through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, and risk mitigation.