You will have extensive technical expertise (with a focus on storage and solid-state devices), combined with a strong business discernment, allowing you to provide deep analysis of new Consumer computing hardware/software technologies and architectures, while simultaneously judging the market potential of those emerging solutions. You should have a consistent track record of defining complex and successful product strategies, along with extensive customer-facing experience.
Day-to-day responsibilities will center on leading cross-functional efforts to define Micron's Consumer SSD storage solutions via the company's roadmap process, as well as driving the product through the company's product stage gate process. This influential role requires outstanding skills in analytics, market understanding, the ability to develop/use relationships with industry key suppliers, analysts, outreach to Micron's customer base, representing Micron at key industry events, and driving related planning initiatives within the organization.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Market Trends and Analysis
- Understand current & future trends in the personal computing space and evaluate which trends make commercial and economic sense for Micron to pursue including; business models, technologies, application areas, etc..
- Partner with leading personal computing eco-system providers to understand key technologies and innovation trends, and provide analysis to resolve the best fit for Micron product plans
- Analyze the competitive landscape
Roadmap and Business Case
- Define long term roadmaps for Consumer SSD products, services, and solution offerings
- Produce the business cases that drive the roadmap
- Figure out and how we bring the proposed solutions to market
- Drive the proposed solution through the stage gate process to launch
Customer Needs Analysis and Outreach, Industry Trend Analysis
- Drive customer outreach activities and relationships to ensure customer-driven Market Requirements Documents (MRDs) and time-to-market products for placement on the Consumer SSD roadmap
- Drive relationships with industry analysts, developing and communicating Micron's storage vision
- Attend and present at key computing and storage events
Internal Stakeholder Analysis
- Work with Micron account managers and partners to understand customer demand and market segmentation to drive applicable long-term forecasts to support the product line
- Develop cohesive go-to-market plans in conjunction with Product Marketing and other cross-functional teams for new product introduction
- Align with Micron's Engineering organization to ensure Consumer needs are represented in the R&D process
- Align and coordinate strategies across Micron's product, services, and sales divisions
- Work with Outbound Marketing and Corporate communications to define our market message for the Consumer SSD business and corresponding initiatives
- Ability to grasp complex financial, technical, and marketing information to develop product plans, business cases and strategies.
- Experience writing market requirements documents that bridge customer and technical needs into clearly defined features and benefits.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities including to senior management.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and working across multiple locations.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) both domestically and internationally.
- BS or BA degree in Engineering or Business/Marketing, MBA (Preferred) and 8+ years combined of product development, marketing, and customer experience in storage or technology-related fields. Solid State Drive experience (Preferred).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and maintain positive relationships
- Ambitious, goal-oriented, and a dedicated colleague
- Collaborate effectively in a dynamic team environment