About the Team:
The growing Encore Semi Firmware Development / Firmware Test team collaborates with customers to develop “bare metal” and higher-level Firmware to enable the productization of SSD products and systems. The team develops Firmware for all aspects of the system from the controller to the system including code enabling Host Interface (NVMe/PCIe, SATA, etc) features, optimizing the interface with the Storage media and the overall device integration into the storage system. The team also plans the approach for testing the drive and module level, creates the tools required to implements those plans and executes the testing protocols. Come join the team to collaborate with SSD Storage developers and deliver the next generation of Storage System products.
About the Project:
The Encore Semi Firmware Development team delivers the entire FW stack to enable current and next generation SSD based Enterprise Storage solutions. The team is expanding its Test Development capabilities. Projects include developing drive level and FW module test plans (utilizing both block box and white box approaches), increasing automation to extend and optimize existing validation environments, working with FW developers to enable new or extended features and working with customers to reproduce failures and identify solutions or workarounds. The team works closely with the overall product development team to enable existing designs and next generation projects.
• Knowledge of mass storage systems, Flash memory (NAND /NOR), NVMe / SATA / SAS / RAID protocols
• Hands-on experience with the creation of product test plans, configuring test scenarios for embedded software (firmware) development, functional and regression testing of Firmware products
• Experience with tools to enable Embedded Software / Firmware testing such as Flexstart scripting or automated testing techniques
• Strong experience in debugging failures to root cause across a Storage system
• 7+ years of Firmware test and / or Firmware development projects; preferably enabling multiple products into production
• Knowledge of specific SSD controller functions such as the Flash Translation Layer, wear leveling, or garbage collection either as a FW developer or in testing such functions
• Experience testing and debugging SSD controller hardware or Storage System hardware components
• Experience with scripting including with Python or Ruby
• Required: Bachelor's, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Preferred: Master's, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering