Req. ID: 117810
As a SSD Firmware Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will develop high-performance controller firmware for innovative volatile and non-volatile memory systems. In this position, you will participate in evaluating, designing, building, bench testing, debugging, and failure analyzing firmware for new high-performance memory controllers and Solid State Drives that will increase performance, while reducing power, latency and SoC (System on Chip) complexity for the target markets. You can expect to work closely with system test engineers, system failure analysis engineers, firmware engineers, firmware test engineers, system hardware design engineers, product engineers, memory design engineers, firmware tools developers, and production engineers to solve cross-functional product development issues.
Experience: 8+ Years in Embedded firmware. 4+ years in Storage/SSD would be a strong plus.
- Strong firmware design and debug experience using assembly and C programming.
- Knowledge of SSD flash translation layer, wear leveling, garbage collection.
- Knowledge of mass storage interfaces such as SATA, SAS, NVMe (optional but strong plus).
- High level of skill in problem recreation and trapping, and in identifying performance critical algorithms for optimization.
- Strong skill in ARM development tools and IDE such as Eclipse
- Ability to scope and estimate development effort.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team, able to multitask effectively in fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of digital hardware design (optional but plus).
- Experience in test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic/bus analyzers (optional but plus).
- Experience with working on FPGAs is a strong plus.
BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Milpitas || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SSD Engineering || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-DG1 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Firmware, Engineer, Developer, Electrical, Product Development, Technology, Engineering, Research