The SSC Accounting Manager will be responsible for many duties which could include singularly or a combination of the below:
Preparation and financial analyses of SSC revenue and expenditure performance, reviews, and analyzes SSC, Corporate, Region and Retail Operations, and participates in ongoing and month end closing activities for all entities. The Sr. Accountant supports acquisition conversions, reconciles balance sheet and income statement accounts, prepares journal entries, prepares forecasts and reports for senior management and recommends processes efficiencies.
Who would I interact with?
Interacts directly with the SSC Accounting team, Store Financial Accounting personnel, Corporate Accounting and Operational teams and Region Accounting and Operational teams.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Utilize systems and software (Hyperion, Essbase, MS Access, CDK, Fortis) to prepare and analyze financial and business-related information, including developing and maintaining report files (intercompany, account/schedule review and reconciliation) and ensure integrity of all financial data
- Play an active role in the reporting and review of SSC, Retail Store and certain Corporate department OSGA expenses against budget and make recommendations for cost controls
- Prepare journal entries based on information gathered from different financial systems and corporate departments
- Prepare monthly reports for SSC Team and Corporate Management
- Assist SSC Director and SSC VP with management of key metrics such as OGSA expense and identify opportunities for improvement
- Use Lean Six Sigma methodology, to analyze SSC accounting processes and make recommendations for more efficient and effective processes
- Support the Corporate Conversion Team to ensure accuracy of acquisition general ledgers and schedules
- Assist SSC Managers with financial research and month end closing processes, as needed
- Lead accounting special projects, as assigned
- Ensure SSC and certain Corporate department accounting processes are documented and train SSC General Ledger Specialists on these processes
- Assist in the planning, execution and reporting of special projects undertaken by the SSC or Corporate Accounting department
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Company's Vision, Mission, and Values and SSC Social Contract in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
What are the requirements for this job?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 3 or more years accounting experience, or Associate's degree and 5 or more years accounting experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data to identify problems, apply theories, concepts, and develop plans to attain solutions
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred
- Ability to exercise independent judgement
- Advanced Excel skills, proficient with MS Word, MS Access, PeopleSoft, MS Dynamics and CDK preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and concepts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Automotive Accounting experience preferred, but not required
- CPA or other certification preferred
Requisition ID 2019-115939