Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Engage and partner with product engineering teams from an SRE and AWS based cloud infrastructure perspective, in order to improve the whole lifecycle of our products—from ideation and design, through development, launch, operation and iteration.
What You’ll Do
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of our products—from ideation and design, through development, launch, operation and iteration.
- Build upon and strengthen our AWS based cloud infrastructure
- Partner with product engineering teams through PDLC on design, development, capacity planning, and ramp plans to ensure Venmo continues to scale and maximize availability.
- Ensure sufficient logging, monitoring and alerting strategies around availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Host incident reviews and blameless post-mortems.
- Continuously improve Incident Management policies, procedures, tools, and implementation.
What We’re Looking For
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Software Development background with ability to analyze and improve existing codebase.
- Cloud based architecture experience in AWS with the ability to architect large scale solutions
- Container and Kubernetes
- Established ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks.
- Ability to support a 24/7/365 always available production grade service.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Golang, or shell scripting.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate redundant tasks.
- Great analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with orchestration tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc.).
- Established experience with monitoring/logging tools and best practices.
- Proficiency in managing cloud based large-scale infrastructure.
- Expertise in designing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems.
- Strong communicator, both written and spoken.
- Kubernetes and container experience.
- 3+ years SRE experience
- 7+ years experience in cloud infrastructure
- 5+ years experience in AWS